Ahh! It’s been a long time since I’ve really made anything digitally.
Hello, it’s been a while. That’s because I was working on this.
This is based on the movie Tangled. There was a part in the movie where Rapunzel was sitting in the river with water lilies, so that’s why I painted the above. I tried making the setting more secluded, but I had trouble. Oh well, I had fun painting her.
The background, though, was not fun. I don’t have much practice with backgrounds, so most of it was just experimentation. But I’m glad I didn’t throw this away. I at least made something, and it isn’t even that bad. (I just wish I knew how to fix it.)
So…whoa. I found some new brush settings and I gotta say that I like them a lot.
I made this for “Jackunzel” Week, Day One theme: Once in a Blue moon (rare event.) When I thought of them putting on shoes together, I almost cried. And I’m really glad it turned out so nice! There are more themes for the rest of the week, but I don’t think I’ll make any more. I’ve got so many other drawings to make!
(I should’ve spent more time on the hands grrrr)
I made this this morning for another lovely friend of mine.
Starting May 1st, I’m going to try to take part in one maybe two fan art weeks on Tumblr, so I’ll be posting the stuff I make here as well as my tumblr blog. The first week is for Jack Frost and Rapunzel. Second week is for Merida and Hiccup. Oh, crossovers. I didn’t like it at first, but I’m starting to now. I feel bad for Eugene.
I almost can’t believe I made this…oh my gosh. I mostly used the watercolor tool and the checkered box that exchanges your normal color for a transparent color. It acts kind of like an eraser, but with a better, more blended result. I like her skin and hand the best. I had to use a picture of my hand to draw it.
So what helped me accomplish this, kind of went in a list like so: I spent time making her as symmetrical as possible (on paper), I scanned it into the computer and worked on symmetry some more, then I took time on every little line. I wasn’t satisfied with her raised arm, so I kept redoing it until I was happy. When it came to coloring, again, I took my time placing the shadows and stuff. I gradually went darker with the shading, then at the end, I added highlights. (That’s how I went about with everything except her skin. It’s so pale that highlights were kind of pointless, but I did add a few white “shinys” on her face.
Look at her face. I haven’t really shaded between the eyes and eyebrows before or next to the eyeballs where the corners of the eyes are. Shading in those places made things look more realistic and nice.
(Sometimes I wonder about why I haven’t finished some paintings or drawn what I said I would draw…I guess it’s mainly because I lost inspiration for them, but maybe I’ll get back to them soon.)
I have a wonderful idea that I’ll be working on today, and I’ll be trying for a new style. I don’t really like the shiny, plastic-like look. I think I’d like something more unique and messy? maybe. Honestly, I’m not sure what style I like best! It’s frustrating!!
I made this yesterday. I finished the lines and filled the base colors the night before, so coloring seemed to fly by. I’m really glad that this actually looks a lot more manga-like than what I’ve drawn before. Woohoo
The signature in the corner is my username on deviantart.com. http://cocolumy.deviantart.com/ (Cricket was taken and I didn’t really want a username like Cricket 439472)I got an account about two weeks ago. I’m hoping to find more drawing buddies. Anyone!
Edit! Now it’s http://livi-art.deviantart.com/ (didn’t like cocolumy…bleh)
Process (Hair) : Light pink for base layer. Dark pink gradient on bottom and light peachy-orange on top with the airbrush then blended with watercolor (density very very low.) I used a darker pink with brush for the shade strands. I just had to experiment a lot to find the right spots for them. ( Don’t forget light source.) I used eraser with a very low density to blend the dark strands. I mostly erased the top of each strand. Lastly, I used a very light pink for highlights. I used the brush with a low min size to make the lines look more like hair. I used the watercolor tool on some of them.
It’s good to experiment with the different tools to see how each one works. I mainly use brush, watercolor,and airbrush.
I’ve been making something everyday. I feel so productive. It’s awesome. Steampunk Girl is taking a long time for some reason.
Hi guys! I’ve got two new paintings.
This took me about two days and AAAHHH! I almost can’t believe I drew this. I’m so thankful for Paint Tool Sai. Once I got used to the tools, things have been a lot easier. When I was sketching this, I had originally planned this to be the redo of Steampunk Girl. Instead, I accidentally made a completely different character. Haha!