I made this yesterday. I finished the lines and filled the base colors the night before, so coloring seemed to fly by. I’m really glad that this actually looks a lot more manga-like than what I’ve drawn before. Woohoo
The signature in the corner is my username on deviantart.com. http://cocolumy.deviantart.com/ (Cricket was taken and I didn’t really want a username like Cricket 439472)I got an account about two weeks ago. I’m hoping to find more drawing buddies. Anyone!
Edit! Now it’s http://livi-art.deviantart.com/ (didn’t like cocolumy…bleh)
Process (Hair) : Light pink for base layer. Dark pink gradient on bottom and light peachy-orange on top with the airbrush then blended with watercolor (density very very low.) I used a darker pink with brush for the shade strands. I just had to experiment a lot to find the right spots for them. ( Don’t forget light source.) I used eraser with a very low density to blend the dark strands. I mostly erased the top of each strand. Lastly, I used a very light pink for highlights. I used the brush with a low min size to make the lines look more like hair. I used the watercolor tool on some of them.
It’s good to experiment with the different tools to see how each one works. I mainly use brush, watercolor,and airbrush.
I’ve been making something everyday. I feel so productive. It’s awesome. Steampunk Girl is taking a long time for some reason.